Condylar Stabilization & Diagnosis
The foundation of BioRejuvenation Dentistry is treating the occlusion as part of a system and not just teeth alone. A stable condylar position is the foundation to making an accurate diagnosis and then treatment planning the full mouth restorative case.
In this course, the doctors are taught how to complete a comprehensive examination and take all the necessary records to aid in diagnosing and treatment planning. The primary focus of this course is TMJ diagnosis and condylar stability. The doctors will leave with a complete understanding of systems based dentistry and they will be taught how to treat TMJ and myofacial pain by stabilizing the condyles.
YOU WILL LEARN
- The 4 keys to occlusion
- Systems – based dentistry
- Comprehensive examination and record taking (hands on)
- Essential dental photographs necessary for aiding in diagnosing
- Identifying and diagnosing TMJ pathology
- How to predictably stabilize the mandible while relieving facial and TMJ pain with the Condylar Centering Orthotic (hands on)
- Introduction to CBCT interpretation
- Introduction to airway
Full Mouth Composite Restoration (Hands-On In Vitro Case)
Once condylar stability is achieved and a final diagnosis is made, a predictable restorative treatment plan can be devised and then implemented. This provides the patient with a stable, comfortable, functioning occlusion. It also provides optimal smile and facial esthetics.
This course is focused on diagnosing, treatment planning and restoration of the occlusion utilizing minimally invasive composite restorative techniques. Each doctor will restore a full mouth case in vitro under the guidance of the Stewart Center instructors.
YOU WILL LEARN
- Verifying stable condylar position
- Determining the correct vertical dimension of occlusion
- Importance of systems-based dentistry
- Introduction to biologic tooth morphology
- Part 2 – Reading the CBCT images
- Additive and subtractive minimally invasive restorative techniques (hands on training utilizing in vitro ‘virtual patient’)
- Review of composites, adhesives, application, adjusting, polishing
LEVEL III: TBA