Guest Lecturer: Stephanie Nicholson on Feb. 10, 2016
On February 10, 2017 The Stewart Center (formerly known as the Texas Center) will be welcoming guest lecturer Stephanie Nicholson, the owner of The Nicholson Center for Wellbeing. The Nicholson Center is a consulting and education organization, focusing on a systematic approach to injury prevention and exercise programming.
Stephanie is recognized as a leader in the field of ergonomics and exercise prescription for career longevity, complex medical case management, manual therapy, and sports performance. She teaches nationally on the topics of exercise prescription for spine health and career longevity, integrative practice models, and exercise prescription for musculoskeletal dysfunction. She works actively as a consultant in wellness, complex medical cases, and career longevity for health care facilities and physicians throughout the country.
She will be spending the day with our residents and discussing the following topics:
- Differential Diagnosis of TMD, Myofacial Pain, Cervical Spine Dysfunction and Postural Instability
- Physical Therapy Interventions and Patient Education for TMD, Myofacial Pain, Cervical Spine Dysfunction, and Postural Instability
- When and How to Integrate Supportive Modalities for Treatment of TMD, Myofacial Pain, Cervical Spine Dysfunction, and Postural Instability (i.e. Physical therapy, Massage, and Airway/Breathing, Pain)
- Physiology of Stabilization of the Spine to Promote Spine Longevity of the Practitioner
- Hands on Lab: Foam Roller Exercise Protocol to Stabilize the Spine
- Hands on Lab: Trouble Shooting Clinical Ergonomics to Reduce Neck and Back Pain
- Integrative Medicine Principles to Improve Energy and Decrease
We are so grateful to have Stephanie here to share her knowledge and expertise with our residents.